Saturday, May 14, 2011

Down where the river bends.

Arthur and Olive, dock security.


As a gift for accomplishing more than a few long years of school, Mom rented a house down on the St. Marks River for my family and friends to celebrate. Now I'll be the first to roll my eyes when someone talks about how heavenly a place is, but I can only say that I found this house to be just that. Secluded from the hustle and bustle of Tallahassee, I felt like we were the only people for miles and miles. Our days were spent lazily drifting down river in kayaks, and our nights talking to the owls. Mom made her world famous ribs, and my pal Amy, the most sinful scalloped potatoes on the planet! Olive learned to swim by stupidly leaping from the row boat and the boys seemed to jump from every tree that slightly hung over the river. Pops was there in spirit as I found myself appreciating how slowly time moved, listening to the symphony of wildlife, and constantly staring off into space, yummy drink in hand. I'll surely keep this little vacation stored in my noggin for years to come.
-Sandy

The River House

My brother, Gordon and his girlfriend relaxing on the dock.






The whole gang!


Mom took my Gram for a boat ride.
Gram dressed for the occasion with an "I Love Lucy" t-shirt and red lipstick!


This is Dalan, he's the definition of a nature man. 


Anthony and I shortly after we mastered the tandem kayak.
Words were exchanged.






No comments:

Post a Comment