Friday, June 8, 2012

Zesty Kale Chips

Now, if you're anything like me then you probably live for amazingly yummy foods! Unfortunately, in my case most of those indulgences are not all too healthy. Lately I've been pretty daring in adding new recipes to my repertoire. Some have been duds while others have been fantastic! Today I want to share a healthy, easy, and surprisingly delicious snack, Zesty Kale Chips.


What you'll need:
  • a heaping pile of kale (I had half a pound and used a quarter of it)
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • Seasoning of your choice. (I used Trader Joe's "Everyday Seasoning and ground cayenne pepper ie: zesty)

Step 1: Gather your ingredients. The kale should be washed and fully dried. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2: Remove kale leaves from the central vein (you'll know which one) Tear the leaves into bite size pieces.
Step 3: Drizzle kale with olive oil and seasonings.Toss it all around to ensure an even coat.
Step 4: Arrange kale leaves in a single layer on a cookie sheet. (I found that the cookie sheets that have slits in them work best) Bake until crispy, about 10 minutes or so.

Enjoy!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment